Monday 7 February 2011

New additions to the flock...


I have been building work for an exhibition I am very excited about, but I will keep schtumm a little longer, just until it is open and I can take some photos to announce it properly.
These little fellows, and one not so little fellow, are my new works...I was trying to cover a few different colours rather than think of a theme, so we have a mix of tropical and British birds who look happy enough in each others company!

a little bee eater
a collared dove
a wren
a fairy wren
and the gigantic pheasant! my biggest conquest to date!

I really can't wait to see them on display...


7 comments:

Murgatroyd said...

They look beautiful - you can really see how those birds are developing into something magical :)

Anonymous said...

I love them all but especially the collared dove, gorgeous!

teresa murfin said...

Beautiful, the collared dove is my favourite too!

Abigail Brown said...

Thank you ladies!
It was nice with all that colour, to work on a muted palette, I'm really pleased he's a favourite!
xx

Anonymous said...

These birds are better than the real thing!

Caroline Turpentine :) said...

Absolutely can't wait to see the exhibition..these are so fabulous :)

Abigail Brown said...

Wow! Thank you Craftlover!!
and I shall keep you posted Caroline...hoping any day now...